Music with Dawn

Mary Wore Her Red Dress.

This song is well known to the children at CM.

It's a song that I use quite often to transition from one activity to another. Today we dove deeper into the 'game' part of the song.

I started by looking around at our group of children. Looking to see if an article of clothing caught my eye. I said, I'm looking at Saige's shoes. Saige would you mind to stand up here and show us your shoes? She said yes, and then came to stand next to me. Raise your hand if you have a way to describe Saige's shoes. Some children said running shoes or pink shoes or fast shoes. I asked Saige what term she would like to use for her shoes. She said she'd like to call them pink shoes. I asked her if she would mind if we sang about her shoes. She smiled and agreed. I wrote her name on the big piece of paper and drew her shoes. We found two types of pink in the box and most children agreed the light pink was most like the her shoes. She helped pick the coloured marker that matched her shoes and handed it to me. We then sang the song together:
"Saige is wearing her pink shoes, pink shoes, pink shoes. Saige is wearing her pink shoes all day long."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music and Math