People in Your Neighbourhood

What is a neighbourhood?
Who are the people you see each day?
This was a popular song when I was a child. I shared 3 small clips of Sesame Street with Cedar Group.



We looked at a google map of Southland's Elementary's neighbourhood. 

I asked the group if they knew what it was. Sophia recognized it as a map. I asked what our map has on it. Roisin said she saw houses. I pointed at the white lines and asked what these could be. Jamieson said they are streets. I asked them if they knew what this area is called. Many children said it was a community. I asked if they had heard the word neighbourhood before. Sophia said she has some neighbours that live near her. Miguel said 'I have neighbours too!' 
I brought out some paper, rulers and markers for us to make our own neighbourhood maps. 

The children's neighbourhoods look like a fun and colourful place to live.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music and Math

Music with Dawn